Notice: Postponement of Qiyas Award’s announcement of winners to the 4th week of October
Qiyas Award for Excellence in Educational Assessment
CALL FOR NOMINATION
The National Center for Assessment (NCA), Riyadh - Saudi Arabia, referred to as Qiyas, is inviting nominations for the 2015 QIYAS Award for Excellence in Educational Assessment.
QIYAS award was established in 2014 to promote excellence and contribution to the field of educational measurement, assessment, and evaluation. The QIYAS award for 2015 is:
The winners will be announced in the fourth week of October 2015 and the award ceremony will take place during the NCA Second International Conference on Assessment (December 1-3, 2015) in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia. Travel expenses and accommodation of the award winners will be covered by NCA.
• STANDARDS: QIYAS award will be given to scholars who have made outstanding contributions to the research and practices in the field of educational measurement, assessment and evaluation. The work submitted by a nominated applicant can be:
• NOMINATION: QIYAS award applicants must be nominated by an institution (e.g.,university or testing company). Self-nominations are also allowed upon endorsement by the institution of the applicant or by three respected scholars in the field. The nominated work must have been published (or documented in a refereed professional source) in English or Arabic within the last three years (2012, 2013, or 2014). In addition; if the work is in the category of programs (or systems) for practical applications in the field, it should have been implemented and used for at least two years within the last three years. The work is NOT eligible for nomination if:
• APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: QIYAS award applicants must submit the following documents:
1. The Qiyas Application Form (Click Here)
2. Attach a copy of the nomination letter by the applicant’s institution (or copies of the letters from three recognized scholars in the field, in the case of self-nomination).
3. Attach a copy of the nominated work (e.g. book, monograph, doctoral dissertation, journal article).or send two hard copies of the nominated work to the National Center for Assessment(NCA), Riyadh-Saudi Arabia, if the work is available as hard copy only. For work in the category of programs (or systems) for practical applications in the field, a copy of published documents (e.g. manuals), with the link to a web site with information about the work and its practical use and dissemination. The submitted hard copies of the nominated work will not be returned to the applicants upon the conclusion of their evaluation by the QIYAS award Council.
4. Attach a description of the nature of the nominated work and its contribution to the field of educational research, assessment, testing, and/or evaluation. The text of the description, which must not exceed 1,000 words in length, can be accompanied by copies of reviews of the work published by external reviewers in professional journals (e.g. book review).
Note: If you face any difficulty in submitting your nomination, please feel free to contact us via
to National Center for assessment in Higher Education